An “out of sight, out of mind” attitude about roofing can be dangerous to your home. But even if you’re doing regular maintenance, there can still be problems that you may have missed. If you aren’t careful and don’t check on your roof regularly, your roof maintenance cost could end up being incredibly high. When the problems start piling up, you could potentially face premature roof failure. But when you have the experts at RoofClaim.com on your side, we can help you to ensure that your roof is properly taken care of.
How Much Does Roof Maintenance Cost?
Not all roofs are the same, but the national average roof maintenance cost for minor repairs is usually between $150 and $400. Major repairs, on the other hand, can cost upward of $3,000. If your roof repairs are estimated to cost more than $3,000, then it may be best to consider a complete roof replacement. Even though a roof replacement is the worst-case scenario in terms of roof cost, it usually means that the current roof is beyond repair and a new roof will make the home a much safer and more comfortable place to live.
Roof Maintenance Cost Breakdown: Roof Styles and Problems
There are multiple different kinds of roofs, and certain maintenance issues and costs are particular to each.
- Metal Roof: The most common problems that arise with metal roofs are potential leak points due to improperly sealed fasteners, panels, and shingles. Fasteners are a common issue with metal roofs because they can expand and contract with heat, leading them to loosen and allow water in. The average cost to repair a metal roof is around $1,300.
- Asphalt Shingle Roof: Shingles are meant to withstand winds up to 110 mph, but if they are improperly attached, the shingles have the potential to come off even in mild weather. And even if they are well-attached, if they have become loose over time, a strong wind can lift or remove shingles, and severe weather can damage the shingle material. The average cost to repair an asphalt shingle roof is about $710.
- Composite Roofing: Composite roofing is lightweight compared to other materials, which means that it is more prone to extensive damage from high winds and severe weather. In situations where asphalt roofs may lose a few shingles, composite roofs can lose entire sections. However, it is also one of the cheapest types of roof to fix.
- Wood Shake: The problems most likely to plague wood shake roofs include UV damage and moss buildup. In addition, they become attractive to insects if they aren’t properly maintained, and they can split in half due to severe weather. It doesn’t cost much more to repair wood shake roofs compared to repairing an asphalt shingle roof, but installing wood shake roofs is incredibly costly.
- Slate Roof: Slate roofs are prone to ice damming, which happens when ice builds up on parts of the roof and prevents the water from melting snow and ice to run off. When this happens, the water can begin to leak through to your ceiling. Leakage can also occur if the roof is nailed too tightly, which can cause the edges to stick up so water can get in. The average cost to repair a slate roof is around $1,350.
- Tile Roof: Tile roofs are beautiful, but problems can arise almost immediately. They are prone to cracking or sliding, which can cause leaks. It can cost about $1,000 to repair a tile roof, but a tile roof replacement can cost between $7,700 and $23,000.
RoofClaim.com Can Help With Your Roof Maintenance Needs
Even if you perform regular roof maintenance, there’s still a chance your roof will have damage that you can’t fix on your own. When that happens, RoofClaim.com can help. If you’re wondering, “How much does roof maintenance cost?” then we can help you get the answer specific to your roof. We use AI technology to assist with our roof inspections, and then we use the data we collect to match you with an expert contractor in our nationwide network. We always choose somebody who is able to work with your specific roof specs and is local to you, so they’ll have intimate knowledge of your specific climate and roofing needs as well as the ability to give you the answers you need.